Well, summer is wrapping up soon, and we all need to have a little extra fun before it’s over. What better way to enjoy the waning warm days than to have a pool party, put out a spread of great food, and lubricate your friends with some gelatin goodness.
Besides, you need something for dessert, and it’s not always about beer at the backyard barbecue.
Now everyone remembers Jell-O® shots from high school and college frat parties. They were easy to make (though many people managed to fail) and they added that little something childish that every party needs.
Well, my friends, I’m personally of the opinion that those days aren’t over, and we should all be kids from time to time. So today I bring to you the perfect recipe for Jell-O® shots.
- A variety of gelatin flavors in their powdered form
- Boiling water
- Pinnacle Whipped Vodka (Chilled)
- Plastic ramekins
- Measuring cup with spout (2 cups or larger)
- Baking Sheet (something that will fit in your fridge)
- Chill your vodka in the freezer for at least 12 hours.
- Boil water in a pot.
- In your measuring cup pour your gelatin mix.
- Add in 1 cup of boiling water (be careful it’s hot.)
- Stir for 2 minutes or until gelatin has dissolved completely.
- Add in 1 cup chilled vodka
- On a baking sheet, spread out your ramekins so they cover as much of the sheet as possible.
- Carefully pour your Jell-O® into the ramekins leaving about 1mm at the top.
- Cool in the fridge for 4 hours or until Jell-O® is firm throughout.
- Make as many batches as you will need.
Now, I’m going to say this. The use of any vodka is alright, but I strongly recommend the Whipped Vodka from Pinnacle. It adds the perfect creamy flavor to your Jell-O® shots that even high-end non-flavored vodkas don’t.
On top of that creamy flavor, mixing Whipped Vodka with orange Jell-O® makes for creamsicle awesomeness. So it’s really the perfect dessert for your barbecue. And it has the fun of reminding you of your younger more carefree days while being an adult-only treat.
Featured Image Credit: eddiejdf